NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

I HATE WELLS FARGO BANK

 

I HATE WELLS FARGO BANK

There, I used the word HATE, so GOOGLE will probably not allow anyone to read this dangerous post, but Mrs. C is in Greece with her sister and a friend for “Girl’s week out” and I have no one else to rant to.

That she is in Greece is why I have an issue with WELLS FARGO BANK. 

This is the bank that has been in trouble for opening bull shit accounts to meet quotas or some such shenanigans. 

This is the bank that once made me give them a thumb print in order to deposit money into my own account (I still don’t understand or remember the reasoning).

This is the bank that charged me $2 every time I took cash out of a non- WELLS FARGO ATM.  I was not advised of this charge, and my statement had so many little $1 cash adjustments from my checking account to my savings account (Also don’t know why; some method to boost savings or something) that I overlooked the $2 charges for over a year.

So today I go to the bank to deposit money for our monthly expenses.  We do this every month.  I write a check from my account at another bank and Mrs. C deposits it into her account to pay bills.

Why don’t we just have a joint account?  No reason, we just don’t.

Anyway as Mrs. C is in Greece this month it was my job to make the deposit.  She had the check written plus some cash and a deposit slip all made out and clipped together.

“I know you hate this bank, but all you have to do is hand them the slip, the check and the cash.”

“HA!”

I go to the bank, and slide the check, cash, and slip to the cashier.  For some reason with this bank, I always feel like I am doing something illegal. 

They did not disappoint.

“Is this a joint account?”

“No, it is my wife’s account with a different name; she kept her last name just in case this marriage thing does not work out.”

“Well, we can’t accept this.”

“Ah, I am putting money in, not talking out.  If the check bounces you will just adjust her account, we can’t use the money until the check clears.”

“Oh, the check from another bank is not the problem, we can’t take the cash.”

“What?”

“We can’t take the cash unless you have a joint account.”

“What.”

“We can’t take the cash unless you have a joint account.”

“Um, you know that is incredibly stupid, don’t you?”

“Yes, we do, this is WELLS FARGO, we are incredibly stupid…your lucky we don’t ask for a thumb print.”

“So, can I deposit the cash in my WELLS FARGO account and write another check?”

“Yes.”

“Buy I don’t have a check with me.”

“We can make out a cashier’s check for you.”

“You know this is really stupid, don’t you?”

“Yes, this is WELLS FARGO BANK.”

After only 30 minutes the transaction was completed.  The cashier was very helpful.  It was not her fault that she works for WELLS FARGO BANK.

I hate WELLS FARGO BANK!

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Wow Joe I would hate them too. I detest all those BIG banks and use a credit union instead. While they are not perfect they are like Hertz - they seem to try harder.

    I pay the bills too and because my husband is a retired veteran, if I need to get some help on something that is related to his military (credit union, USAA, VA etc.) sometimes they won't even talk to me. Then I get him to call, and he doesn't know what the heck is going on. It's very annoying.

    I don't get why they can't accept your cash - that is just downright dumb.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Wells Fargo account. I once deposited 2 payroll checks (mine & husbands) into a JOINT account and was withholding some cash. Didn’t happen…..because the amount I was withholding exceeded the amount of MY check but less than the whole amount. If husband had been with me, the transaction would have been approved. The whole problem was that his check was more than mine and if I withheld cash, I would be getting some of “his” money — from a JOINT account. Note - there was several thousand dollars already in that account. BUT, they would let me deposit the full amount of both checks and then write a check to get the cash. I feel your pain.
    Stupid i s an insufficient word to describe that transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was treasurer for IOBG they used Wells Fargo. I hated that bank too. I would never put my money in that horrible bank. Sorry this happened to you, Joe.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are such a criminal, daring to think you can deposit CASH into a bank account! You're lucky the cashier didn't push the PANIC BUTTON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horror, depositing Federal Reserve Notes into a bank! The nuts are worries you're a drug dealer or something putting illegal cash in her account probably. It's still stupid and i agree, Wells Fargo has our mortgage and i watch them like a hawk. We can't wait to have the house paid off so we don't have to deal with them any more.

    It's great to see you, i hope Mrs. C is having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you can see you can't cure stupid but could you change banks? I do appreciate knowing never to bank at Wells Fargo. I hope Mrs. C is loving Greece. It's my Mother's home land...well, the isle of Crete is anyway. I think you need some Ouzo! Oopa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have another banking choice? I bank with a great local bank, no dealing with ridiculous bullshit from giant corporations, no niggling charges, no problems whatsoever, really. Watertown Savings Bank. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, years ago they refused simply to transfer my husband's house to my name, so if WFB were on fire I don't know whether I'd spit on them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a bit steep..... $2 every time every time when you used a non- WELLS FARGO ATM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'mon Cranky! Are you OK, or just slacking? Please throw us a bone. We miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate all banks and the banking system
    Good afternoon from Greece

    ReplyDelete