NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Saturday, September 28, 2024

 

Blogging In The Wind

 

I thought I had quit this blog thing as the venue has mostly gone the way of the eight-track tape, CDs, and DVDs, but sometimes I just have to vent, even if it reaches no one.

Mrs. C does not wear make-up, she does not like ear-rings.  She loves rings, and has one for each finger, thumb, and occasional toe.  She does wear  bracelets and on rare occasions, a necklace.

We had one such occasion the other day, the baptism of Charlie, my six grandchild. 

Dressed to the nines, Mrs. C commented,

“This outfit would really look nice with a necklace.”

Now, I have given Mrs. C several nice necklaces over the years, nothing extravagant given my love affair with a dollar, but nice.

“Why not one of the necklaces I gave you?”

“That would be perfect, but I can’t find them.”

“You lost the necklaces?”

“Not lost, I just can’t find them.”

“That is the very definition of lost!”

Now here comes the Mrs. C statement that forced me back to the key- board.  I suspect those with She/Her/Hers pronouns will understand it, but He/Him/His pronouns will be scratching their heads along with me.

Said with attitude,

“I didn’t lose them; I just hid them where they wouldn’t be stolen!”

“Or found!”

“You’re a jerk!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment