NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, March 19, 2018

A Cranky Complaint About Women

A Cranky Complaint About Women
A cranky re-run from March 2015

Don’t get all up in arms ladies; this is just a minor complaint.  It is more an observation than a complaint.

Actually it is a complaint.


Women (at least the women I have been married to, and that is a pretty good segment of the female population) will not answer a simple question from a man.  They prefer for the man to figure it out themselves.  It aggravates them that men will ask a silly question.  They will ignore, and or be evasive waiting for the man to figure out the answer themselves rather than simply saying, “yes” or “no.”


Yes or no! It hardly takes a breath; no effort, just yes or no.  Zero calories burned, no wasted time, just yes or no.  How friggin hard is that?


The other night Mrs. C was going downstairs and asked me if I wanted some water.  I said yes, preferably bottled if we had still had any.  The fridge water tastes kind of funky because we need to change the filter.


Mrs. C brought up a bottle of water.


“Is that a new bottle of water, or is it from the fridge?” Sometimes she will fill an empty bottle with water from the fridge.


“…”


“Is it from the fridge?”


“…”


“Is there any reason you can’t say yes it is from the fridge, or no it is a new bottle of water.”


“You should know.”


“I should know? How should I know, and why don’t you tell me anyway? Yes or no!  How hard is that?  This conversation could have been over minutes ago…meanwhile I still don’t know if it is from the fridge or not.”


“Because when you twist the cap, you will hear it break the seal and you will know that it is a new bottle of water and not from the fridge.”


“So we still have some bottled water?”


“Yes, a whole case of it, if you would only look!”


“Well that is 180 seconds of my life completely lost because you could just not bring yourself to say, “It is bottled water.”


“You’re a jerk!”


“Hell, it took you just as long to call me a jerk as it would have to just say “It’s bottled water!”


“…”

14 comments:

  1. I'm on your side in this one, Joe. It only takes a second to utter the words yes or no or even a longer three word sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some of the conversations we have, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you guys considered therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you and agree that it's a fairly minor complain, so far as complaints go. It doesn't even rise to the level of "It's the principle of the thing!" which is usually the area where most dumb disagreements live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if you have a tendency to ask dumb questions? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are a trip that I enjoy from miles away. Curious what you would have done with those 180 seconds:)) At least now you know to twist the cap first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you would do a lot less complaining if you were parched and couldn't speak, because Mrs. C didn't bring you ANY WATER AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men and women do not speak the same language, especially the longer they are married to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, i remember this one. It's easier to just answer, but it's better in the long run to show someone how to figure it out themselves. At least, sometimes it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing man. Seriously, I got nothing ..... questions with no answers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can tell just by looking at the cap where the tiny links between cap and ring are still intact, then you say thanks and turn back to the TV. If the links are broken, you know it's a refill and then you make a fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahahaha. I too am siding with you on this one. I've had similar conversations and I always had to reply, "among my many talents, seeing thru walls is not one of them." Yeah. I'm pretty sure I don't miss being married anymore. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to know who in the Cranky household is in charge of changing the water filter...

    ReplyDelete