NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mrs. Cranky’s Grocery List Contest Winners

Mrs. Cranky’s Grocery List Contest Winners
I would like to thank all participants in trying to figure out Mrs. C’s writing/short hand.  Several people did very well, some not so well and others made me laugh, which is what making fun of my wife’s shopping lists is really all about.
After much grading I have come up with the winner for the most correct answers, the runner-up for most correct answers, the non-blogger winner for most correct, the funniest interpretations and the runner up for the funniest interpretations.
First the list
SIDE ONE
SIDE TWO
THE ANSWERS:
SIDE ONE: Oatmeal Airborn Creamer Kitchen eraser Cough stuff Tortillas Karen's toilet paper Mini sos Milk Lysol Soft Butter Cheese Yogurt  

SIDE TWO : Oatmeal cookies Little debbies with frosting inside Tortillas Card Gatorade Cheese Donuts Ice cream Cake mix 1/2 Gallon milk 

The winners:
Jimmy @ http://jimsop.blogspot.com/  11 ½ correct…I think.
OK Joe here goes I am sure glad that I didn't have to carry these lists to the store with me, because I have a feeling that I would be making a return trip.

List Number 1 with 14 items:
1. has to be Oatmeal it was obvious...Right?
2. is anybody's guess, could be cleaner all I think that I can see is the first letter is a c and the last an r
3. is Cough Stuff, not sure what kind of stuff but that'd be the stuff I'd get.
4. is either Tomatillas, Tomatoes or Tostitos, I guess it all depends on if you are cooking or crunching but for kicks let's say Tomatillos.
5. Mini Lysol, I guess this comes in handy if you only have little germs to kill.
6. is SOS pads even though it was written in with the lysol I'm still saying you needed some SOS.
7. has to be Airborne, with all the sniffling going on and vitamin c needed I'd grab this one.
8. Ketchup because everybody needs ketchup or Kitchchup, or something else all together.
9. EMask, Emolr...hell I don't know I'd just have to grab something that started with an E, you know this is when you Punt.
10. is one or the other K's Toothpaste or Toilet paper depending on which end needs attention.
11. is clearly Milk, after reading everything else that was as clear as milk this one has to be Milk.
12. is either Stick Butter, a guitar, or...I'm sticking with butter.
13. is Cheese.
14. is Yogurt.

List number 2 with 10 items was just as easy as the first one:
1. has to be Oatmeal Cookies, simply because I can recognize Oatmeal cookies anywhere.
2. is random letters written in another language, I believe she added this one to test you. 7in tudes with frustm'dj...could be cookies with frosting but most likely not, I'd grab cookies hell why not.
3. is another batch of the Tostitos, tomatoes, tomatillos I'm staying in the tomato family.
4. is cheese.
5. is possibly Daiquiri Mix, or sauce mix, or even chex mix, unless it's a dance mix you are required to do while shopping with this list.
6. is Gatorade because you are really going to need it after doing that dance mix.
7. is the name of the artist that was formerly know as, maybe you were supposed to grab some of his tunes for your dance mix.
8. is a half gallon of milk.
9. is candy.
10 is donuts.
YAYA @ https://yayapawpaw.blogspot.com/  – 10 correct
 tomatoes, cheese,donuts,milk(1/2 gal), yogurt, ketchup, cough stuff, airborne, t-bone steak, Gatorade, cake mix, kitchen eraser, oatmeal cookies, icecream...that's my best guess! 
I say both are welcome to a large WHOOP-TE-DOO!!
Funniest Interpretation
Close, but Xavier @ http://strangelyordinary.blogspot.com/  nudged out pre-contest favorite Val. His "Tinnitus with frosted mud" gives him a close victory:
Jay (does this mean she’s cheating on you? Sorry man)
Mersa
Crullers (Your heart man, think of your heart!)
Cough stuff (Not sure why she wants to cough, but OK)
Tomatoes 
Mini (Cooper Mini may be cute, but hardly practical)
Vivisection? Seems harsh …. 
Air Brush (She knows that only works on pictures, right?)
Kitchen (she can dream …)
Eraser (I’m getting worried for your safety, man)
Ketchup
Milk 
Salted butter
Cheese
Yogurt
Oatmeal cookies
Tinnitus with frosted mud
Tomatillos 
Cheese (more? Really? You sure Queenie didn’t write this?)
Cake mix
Gatorade
Juice
½ Gal Milk (sensing some forgetfulness here)
Candied Donuts (do they REALLY need more sweet?)
RUNNER UP
Dang it! I got 23 items! Time to review. Maybe if I squint and turn my head sideways…Nope. Didn’t help. TOO EASY? I don’t think so!

SIDE 1
Jag
Mayo 
Almond
Carball stuff
Toxins
Mini
Lysol 
SOS
Airborne kitchen eraser
K’s TP
Milk
Sit bone 
Cheese 
Yogurt

SIDE 2
Ammonia louigles
Turtles with frosting DQ
Tomatoes
Cheese
Dance mix
Gatorade
TLC
½ inch 
Milk
AND DONUTS
Both contestants deserve a large WHOOP-TE-DOO!!
SPECIAL AWARD TO Liz@ http://liz-and-harvey.blogspot.com
For getting Tortillas instead of Tomato and Old man tongue
For also getting Tortillas
You both get a lower-case whoop-te-doo
Non-blog winners was a tie with Brenda and Dawn 9 each…wow, just wow!
WHOOP-TE-DOO’s to you!
Thank you for participating and please visit and congratulate our winners.

15 comments:

  1. Some of those answers are really funny, I'm half asleep here after being awake since 3am and they had me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lot of fun Joe, you're serious that was tortillas? Man I would have been screwed on that one...along with many others on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jimmy! It is an honor just to be WHOOP-ed!

    Mersa/cough stuff/vivisection/tinnitis? You might want to take out an extra insurance policy, NOT naming Mrs. C the benefactor. Or maybe Xavier sells life insurance, so that's what he saw on the list. Not something subconscious in Mrs. C that made her writing look like that. Because even I saw "toxins" on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Jimmy. He's a smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the real answers are still perplexing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The army could use those winners as 'decoders' lol. Great job guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never be able to shop with your wife's shopping list. She'd call me a jerk as soon as I came back with about half of what she wanted.

    Congratulations to the winners.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats big time to the successful ones. Purely master decoders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, my side hurts from laughing. This was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fun to read even when i don't have time to guess. Tell Mrs. Cranky "thank you" for providing us with the reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't attempt, looked worse than DH's scrawl ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't even close! I love the commentary some of the winners had. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mrs. C needs to send you shopping more often - these posts are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete