NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A Christmas Toy

A Christmas Toy

As a child, there was always that one gift that was wished for on Christmas.  The first really big one for me was a bike and I got that at age seven.  Funny that was such a big deal, it represented the start of childhood freedom.  When my own children got a bike, it was sort of ho hum.  I think it was because those old bikes were proportionately much more expensive then today so it was a bigger deal, and also when we were children the bike meant we could go places, friends around the block or the candy store blocks away.  My children were restricted to the driveway and the cul-de-sac down the road.
The gift I wanted that I never got was a bowling ball.  I got one eventually, but not as a Christmas surprise.  I think my hinting skills were lacking.
These days, Christmas is not as exciting for me.  There are no little children running around to stir up excitement, and there are no presents that I desire and hold my breath in anticipation and hope.  There are plenty of things I  may want, but nothing I can’t just get myself, or are just out of range for me and anyone who may give me a present.
I get underwear and socks, because those things I do not just buy for myself, and cigars and golf balls because you can never have too many cigars or golf balls.
This year, however, in addition to underwear, socks, cigars, and golf balls, Mrs. C got me a great toy.  Something I’ve wanted for a while, but never requested.  Something I could have purchased myself, but just never did.
It is an amplifier for my guitar.  It is not an expensive amp, I have no need for a professional set up, but it is a fun toy.  I can play with various settings and produce different sounds and effects.  I thought an amp would amplify my playing mistakes, but it actually covers them up a bit.
I don’t need it to be loud, I think townhouse neighbors would complain, but I do like to play with the different effects so I bought myself some headphones to solve that problem.  I have a very nice acoustic guitar, an acoustic with a pickup, a hollow body electric guitar and a solid body electric guitar.   The last two I picked up as wall decorations, but with the amp, it is now like having three new guitars to play with.

It won’t get me to the candy store, or help me break 200, but I am loving my new toy.
I hope Santa was as kind to everyone.

19 comments:

  1. Hey, underwear and socks... I rely on the fact that my mother is still going to get those for me for Christmas. I get to throw out the worst of the old stuff in my drawer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the day my son hooked up an amp to his drum kit, I didn't know you could do that. Or maybe he just played extra loud, but there was an amp in the room.
    Have fun with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I thought you were naughty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new toy! Mrs. C is a good Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing your wife thought of the amp. The older you get, the less you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and I bet you feel like a boy with a new toy. Seriously, I think that's a great present and a useful one, too. Lots of pleasure in store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great toy for you! I received some neat personalized gifts from my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed with Mrs. C for that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just when you thought you could't be surprised, Mrs. C really came through. The headphones do seem like the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs. C is smart and you didn't have to hint. She knows you well. Excellent Christmas gift for you.

    Have a fabulous day, Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the kind of toy my Sweetie would want. Happy Playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like the perfect gift for you. Mrs. C. gifted me a French easel, with is compact and can be taken outside to paint on location, something I've rarely done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that we're never too old to be surprised at Christmas. Two thumbs up to Mrs. C! So get your Jimi Hendrix on and enjoy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great gift. I know how fun those amps can be. 2 of my boys are very much into music and both had/have them. Good for you. Mrs C knows how to shop. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas Joe and the happiest of New Year's to you and Mrs C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's neat to get a surprise. I think we all go out and purchase anything we want when we are adults so what can be a surprise. Have fun with your present.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful to get that 'special gift' every once in a while. It shows that someone was truly thinking of you and the things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice gift Joe, I know you are going to enjoy this as much as the socks and underwear...yes new socks and underwear are always good to have but I know you are enjoying this new amp already.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, I'm happy you got something you wouldn't ever get yourself. I hope you are enjoying it. I loved my Christmas this year. Everyone loved what I got them and that made me so happy. I'll start planning and plotting for next Christmas in Feb or March.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kudos to Mrs. C for thinking of such a great gift!

    I think my hinting skills were lacking. <-- I don't have that problem...I just send my husband a link to the camera or lens on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete