NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, October 23, 2017

Sarge’s List

Sarge’s List
The Old Airforce Sarge @http://oldafsarge.blogspot.com/ posted answers to a list that was sent to him.  I hate these kinds of lists…usually, but for some reason I decided to respond.  His comment field would not take the number of charactures, so here is my response in a post of my own:
Sarge’s List of Stuff...Sarge’s answers in ItalicsCRANKY ANSWERS IN CAPS AND BOLD:

1. Favorite smell? Late autumn in Vermont.  PIZZA
2. Last time you cried? Tuesday. 
Remember?   ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO
3. Favorite pizza? Deep dish, extra cheese, black olives, peppers, pepperoni, and Italian sausage.  NY STYLE SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOMS
4. Favorite flower? Daffodil.   PANSY
5. Did you go to college? Yes, three places, two degrees. I am over-educated and under-challenged.    LAFAYETTE
6. Untie your shoes when taking them off? Yup, unless they're my boat shoes.   WHATEVER

7. Roller coasters? Nope. Designed by engineers, maintained by high school drop outs.    I AGREE
8. Favorite ice cream? Black raspberry with dark chocolate chips. Just leave the tub.  
BUTTER PECAN
9. Favorite past time? Blogging (apparently).
    GUITAR/NAPS
10. Shorts or jeans? Cargo shorts in summer, jeans the rest of the year.   I AGREE
11. What are you listening to? My keyboard clicking and my hard drive humming.   TV IS ALWAYS IN THE BACKGROUND
12. Favorite Color? Blue, though green is a close second.  DITTO
13. Tattoos? Negative. No. Nein, 
아니нетいいえ.    AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION, SO FAR NO.
14. Piercing? See #13.    NO WAY

15. Color of hair? When I was a lad - blond, as a youth and adult - brown, now? Grey, mostly.   BALDING GREYISH
16. Color of eyes? Blue.   BROWN

17. Favorite food? What day is this?   THANKSGIVING/ITALIAN/CHINESE
18. Favorite holiday? Christmas, with Thanksgiving a close second.
 I AGREE
19. Beer or wine? Yes (What, you thought I wouldn't go there again?)  
WINE
20. Night owl or morning person? Night owl.   DITTO
21. Favorite day of the week? Every other Friday, every Saturday.  I’M RETIRED, BUT STILL FRIDAY

22. Do you have a Nickname? Yes. (Sarge for one, no, seriously.)  JOWLES/BULLET/TURTLE/CRANKY
23. Pictures on your wall? Oil paintings of Paris, that we bought  in Paris. MY WIFE’S DISNEY CRAP
24. What makes you most proud? The progeny and the grand progeny.
   DITTO
25. Favorite music? Almost anything. (No gospel, no rap, hold the twang in country.)  ANYTHING EXCEPT GREGORIAN CHANTING, EVEN SOME RAP
SARGE’S EXTRAS:
26. Favorite armored fighting vehicle? Panzerkampfwagen V, the Panther.  I GOT NOTHING
27. Favorite fighter aircraft? Spitfire. Duh. (Yes, the Mustang is a close second, neck and neck with almost anything which flies.)  I GOT NOTHING
28. Favorite period of history? Napoleonic Wars.  RIGHT NOW
29. Favorite book? If you held a gun to my head... John Elting's Swords Around a Throne. (Hunt for Red October is a close second.)  IF YOU HELD A GUN TO MY HEAD, WHAT EVER YOU WANT
30. Favorite season? Autumn in New England. It's pretty nice in Korea, Colorado, and Germany as well.  CAN’T ARGUE WITH AUTUMN…MMM SMELLS LIKE FOOTBALL! 
31. Smartest move ever made? Marrying The Missus Herself.
 
THE JURY IS NOT ONLY OUT, THEY ARE STILL LOOKING FOR AN EXAMPLE
32. Dumbest move ever made? Not trying harder at something. Which I still won't talk about. The time isn't right.  EVEN SOME OF MY DUMBEST HAD THEIR POSITIVES
33. Goal in life? Have fun.   KEEP ON KEEPING ON
34. Do I believe in magic in a young girl's heart?   (Insert Lovin Spoonful track) To put it that way, Yes  YES, AND YOUNG IS BREATHING
35. Do I I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day? Nah, not really. NOT EVEN IN THE DAY
36. Fondest memory? There are many, all have to do with the births of my children and grandchildren. Though the day The Missus Herself said "Yes" is hard to beat.   MANY, I’VE BEEN PRETTY LUCKY
37. Saddest memory? There are far too many, all have to do with the deaths of family and friends. For what it's worth, that includes all those who faithfully and honorably serve.  NOT TOO MANY, I’VE BEEN PRETTY LUCKY
38. Most fun ever? Aerobatics in an SNJ-6. The most fun one can have with their clothes on. So they say. One is fun, one is superb. Superb involves flying.
  REMINISCING WITH GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD DRINKS
39. Foreign places visited? Japan, Korea, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Italy. Though I've been to the UK and Canada, they didn't feel foreign at all.  CANADA, CARRIBEAN ISLANDS…THAT’s ALL I GOT AND I’M GOOD WITH THAT
THAT IS THE END OF SARGE’S LIST!

18 comments:

  1. That's a lot of questions. I don't do memes like that anymore, half the time I can't decide what to answer, since I have trouble choosing favourites of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these lists! Had to laugh at the butter pecan. That's my dad's favorite and my kids always thought it was bizarre because they had never seen or heard of it outside my dad,

    Your very last answer is same as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good list, that was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth the wait. Excellent list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty comprehensive list. You did forget one nickname...you know...the "J" word lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate these bucket lists that people have. I'm good with that, you said, about places you have seen. That seems to be the best attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting answers! I usually don't do these lists either and won't today either. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some list, interesting how many answers were the same but others completely opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun list and today we learned a bit more about Cranky and Sarge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The list that tells it all. Well, mqybe some of it. A
    good list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good list: & BETTER answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't like Gregorian chanting? How can you live? :)
    r

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting. I overlap both you AND Old Airforce Sarge often. Especially anything involving aviation. Spitfires are indeed hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list and fun to read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to know that you would be receptive to any and all literature with a gun held to your head! I was worried that you didn't make smart choices when I read BUTTER PECAN.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These lists are always fun...you get to learn something about your imaginary friends that live in the computer. :-p

    Like...even some rap??? Seriously? See, I learned something new about you! (The only way I don't dislike rap is when it's played at the gym during the "body pump" class)

    ReplyDelete