NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Noise at Night

Noise at Night
The other night I was slowly drifting off to sleep when I was disturbed by the slightest little “Pop” from downstairs.  It was a strange noise.  I am used to strange noises in our townhouse as we often hear comings, goings and happenings from one of our two attached neighbors.  But this was not neighbors.
This little “pop” was so subtle I doubted that Mrs. C even noticed.  As I debated getting up and exploring to see if there was a water leak or a gas thing or hell, I had no idea what, Mrs. C asked me, “Did you have tea tonight?”
Now before I continue to extol my wife’s uncanny ability to recreate events from the slightest visual or audio clue I must explain the tea thing.
Last year at my regular trip to Dr. Rosen which is required to re-up a prescription, my blood pressure was a bit high.  Just enough to raise concern.  I do not want to take drugs unless absolutely necessary, so we went to the internet and determined almonds and hibiscus tea will help bring down blood pressure and in fact those ingredients have lowered my pressure to the “normal” level. 
Anyway:
I generally eat a handful of almonds at night and instead of plain water during the day I drink iced hibiscus tea.  Mrs. C brews up the tea every other day and it is kept in a Tupperware container in the fridge.  When it is empty I leave the container on the counter so Mrs. C knows to brew more.
Back to the barely audible “Pop” that disturbed my sleep drifting.
Mrs. C asked,
“Did you have tea tonight?”
“Yeah.”
“Did you finish the container and leave it out?”
“Yeah.”
“OK…Good night.”
“Wait, why are you asking me about tea?”
“I heard a noise, the tea explains it…good night.”
“Wait, I heard the noise too, what does it have to do with tea?”
“You left the empty container out with the top closed.  The temperature change from the closed fridge and the warm kitchen caused the lid to pop open…good night.”
Now I had to get up and go downstairs to check the weird noise.  On the kitchen counter was the Tupperware jug with the lid wide open.
Mrs. C should definitely work for CSI.

21 comments:

  1. That's what wives are for! We have built-in mechanisms to understand and explain to our husband what he doesn't understand about daily life events since most concentrate primarily on the big picture as they are quick to explain to us when they don't have answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha. Mrs. C is THE BEST! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'd like to get to know Mrs. C. Smart lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's yeaars of scientific investigative work that has given her this rare ability. In other words, she saw it happen once, it probably startled her, and she's never forgotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Mrs. C should probably have her own reality TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know about those women and the way they work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intuitive on her part!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a case of 'once heard, never forgotten'. I like the way Mrs C's mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so funny, it's the kind of conversation we would have. lol
    Thanks for the tip on lowering the blood pressure.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great and saved you a trip downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's uncanny!

    Good thing it was so benign; you know not to try to stealth anything past her, right?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Mrs. C. could be the lead investigator. Just saying.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that is amazing reasoning. Personally, I tend to make a catastrophe story out of those bumps in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Mrs. C knows her Tupperware!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, she is good. Now you have me hunting Hibiscus tea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crap! I had no idea it would do that. You're in worse trouble that I thought :)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man I say that working for CSI would fit her well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd never have figured out the source of that sound.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mrs. C sounds a lot like Lt. Columbo (from the TV series)!

    Eating the almonds when they are covered in chocolate, that still helps, does it? (Please say yes. Lie if you have to.)

    I'm off to look for hibiscus tea.

    ReplyDelete