NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tomato Update


Tomato Update

I drove home from the shore today to play some golf.  It is about a 45 minute drive.  Lots of people like to make fun of New Jersey with that “What Exit?” crap, but how many people can drive to the ocean in less than an hour?

Anyway.

I stopped at the house to pick up my clubs and before going to the course I checked in on first Mrs. Cranky and then “ Topsy” the tomato plant renamed from Ralph II.

Topsy is doing well:


Coming up from the ground is Topsy’s cousin “Groundy”

Wait, look closely at Topsy:


That’s right, Topsy is giving birth!

I am so proud!!

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Oh. and me, me - I can drive to the sea in less than an hour too - great isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Topsy! Let's hope Groundy catches up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get tomatoes to grow. Yet I have two random pumpkin vines growing in my grass?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those will be mighty delicious tomatoes when ripe! Way to go :)

    Most of my years growing up in Southern California we lived 45 minutes or less from the ocean :) Loved it, not just the high cost of living there :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be proud. That rocks.

    Have a fabulous day Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...how many people can drive to the ocean in less than an hour?

    Folks on the West Coast who live two to three blocks away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see mater samiches in the near future. Im four hours from the beach. Its my plan to live no more than four blocks from it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I can get to the coast in about an hour, unless I decide to obey speed limits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, are you in for some good eating? Well done Topsy--and caretakers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations--you're about to be a grandfather again (but this time to tomatoes)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Topsy is growin' like a weed! It's good to see the fruit of your labor.

    I can't even make it to the Mississippi in 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's your address? I'm sending you a cigar :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations. Have a a name fixed for the new one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came back to our neglected garden with lots of weeds, but I cn only do so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Topsy is definitely ahead of the game over our plants here.

    ReplyDelete