NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, July 18, 2016

Decisions Decisions


Decisions Decisions


Life is tough.  Yesterday might have been one of the best ever on the Jersey Shore.  The water was 70 degrees, calm as a lake but with an occasional breaker suitable for body surfing.  The water was clear enough to see bottom for up to eight feet away.  The air was warm, the sun bright and the breeze light but coming directly off the ocean providing an air conditioner effect.

However.

There was also a golf championship on TV.  “The Open” actually the “British Open” but the Brits get a bit ruffled about that moniker so the TV has to refer to it as “The Open.”  Anyway “The Open” is one of my favorite tournaments because the courses in the British Isles are so interesting and challenging.  Today’s final featured Phil Mickelson, one of my favorites against Henrik Stenson.  It was an amazing match, great golf by two players who were simply head and shoulders above every other contestant this week.
Phil


The beach or golf?  What to do, what to do?

I did both.  A half hour on the beach or in the water, then race back to the apt. to watch the golf for a half hour.

Eventually Stenson prevailed over Phil even though both players shot a better score than anyone else on this day.  I like Phil because he has a great attitude, has an exciting playing style, and he signs autographs at tournaments until everyone that wants one gets one.

Phil did not lose this tournament, he played well enough to win just about any match; Stenson simply played better.

Anyway, between running back and forth from the ocean to the TV, I got almost as much exercise as any golfer.

It was a win for Stenson, and a win win for me.
Stenson

14 comments:

  1. Cranky People Problems! To loll around in the ocean, or loll around in front of the TV watching THE OPEN. Good decision(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brits where I live still refer to it as the British Open. Pity you couldn't take the telly to the beach.... or an iPad would have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie's idea is what i was thinking -- if you had one of those huge phones that can connect to the internet almost anywhere, you could have sat at the beach and watched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on golf or beaches, but I agree this open has seen some great golf. Just like your beach, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A compromise is always the good way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have stayed at the beach. I'm just saying. Can you tell I'm not into golf. I thought so.

    Have a fabulous day Joe. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were I you, that would have worked. In that I'm not, I would have recorded the Open and stayed in the breeze at the beach. Granted, you did get good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would have been a hard choice for me, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What tough choices you had to make but you bailed yourself out with a neat compromise that got in a little exercise also. Win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! I caught up on laundry and ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My reaction is similar to those of the others - "oh the problems you deal with!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Life is so hard at times. Like you, I'ce learned to roll with it :)

    ReplyDelete