NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ahh, Quiet


Ahh, Quiet


It is the fifth of July.  Yesterday we had a zillion visitors, friends and relatives.  It was a great beach day followed by an Italian feast (double the amount of food that a group of people could possibly consume because if people go home without leftovers, the party was a failure.) Afterwards we shot off about $200 worth of fireworks in 10 minutes and then watched the big spenders throw a real show.

It was a great day.  It followed several days of three sons, a step-daughter, a daughter-in-law and two young-uns all in a small two bedroom apartment.  People slept on pull outs and blowups.  They came and went, some stayed out really late, young-uns up at the crack of dawn.  We steamed crabs boiled corn and bbq’d like crazy.  There is one small bathroom; how we survived I am not sure.

Now it is the fifth of July.  One son is back in Mass., one son is on his way back to California, another with wife and tots is headed for Pennsylvania.  Step-daughter is moving into a new apt in NYC, and Mrs. Cranky is helping.  She then goes to work and will not be back to the shore until Friday.

I am all by myself.  No sons, steps, in-laws, grands or wife.  It is quiet at last.

I can watch whatever I want on TV.  I can finally play a little on my guitar.  I made a nice lunch from left-over’s, kicked back and had a beer, strummed a little guitar while watching  “The Peoples Court.”

It is quiet, it is heaven.  The beach looks nice, no crowd at all.  I can read.  I have internet.  It is quiet.

I could go out to dinner later.  Maybe have a nice glass of wine and a good cigar.  It is quiet.
Fact is it is too quiet.

Friday is only a few days away. 

18 comments:

  1. How you managed with 1 bathroom is absolutely amazing! Sounded like lots of fun though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherish the quiet while you can, you will be overrun with family a few more times before the year's end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your quiet time. Reflect, rejuvenate, watch the tube, play that guitar till your fingers bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the peace and quiet, but love a good party as well. Friday will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one son and one grandson and today I am thoroughly enjoying the blissful quiet. Think "too quiet" is not a concept my brain can comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....I know exactly what you're saying! I've flopped on the couch before, amid deafening noise, an avalanche of toys, wasted food, a dog decorated in my best scarves, (how do they even find all this stuff?) and the relentless cacophony of "Grandma! Grandma!" I try to make myself invisible, furtively checking the clock for minutes to pick-up time.
    And then they're gone. And immediately, I want them all back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to have a crowd of folks you love, and it's good to have some quiet too. Friday will be here soon.

    Have a fabulous day Cranky. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, this was precious. i wanted to come eat with you and your feasting family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you lost me at "one bathroom". How in the world? enjoy your quite time. Sounds like all and all , you had a great 4th of july with people you love.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sweet: you just can't wait to hear those 3 special words: the ones that begin with Y and end with K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great that you were able to enjoy the holiday with your family, but i imagine it's now a bit too quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like quite a crowd in a small space. I'd be pretty happy for the 5th, too! Sounds like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the kind of vacation we used to have every year, more people than can fit all having so much fun you don't notice the little inconveniences. Enjoy a bit of quiet, it won't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing how you went from gobs of people sleeping on the floor and one bathroom to total solitude. What an adjustment. Enjoy the quiet--those moments are rare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love big groups of guests--& MULTIPLE bathrooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going out to dinner is probably a good idea. You'd better not eat anything Mrs. C is saving for herself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great times! And then, piece and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You obviously had a great time, shame all things have to come to an end. Still, Mrs C will soon be back and your fun will start all over again.

    ReplyDelete