NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

MEATLOAF


MEATLOAF

Warning, I’m not sure where this post is going, but it may involve a slight rant and the use of some unpleasant language.
No, not that stuff
 This dude!

On Monday we went to a Meatloaf concert In New Brunswick, NJ.  You will have to take my word on this as I did not take any photos or videos to confirm my attendance.  I did not take any pictures because there were about fifty signs, an announcement, and ushers all telling the patrons,

“PLEASE TURN YOUR CELL PHONES OFF AND DO NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES OR VIDEOS!!!”

Unlike every third member of the audience, Cranky follows instructions…besides, those pictures always end up blurry blobs of nothing, especially from the cheap seats which is where we were seated.

Well the seats were far back, they were not that cheap, and mine was a little smaller than everyone else’s because the lady next to me had her coat draped into my space.  Before I sat down I didn’t say anything as I assumed she would see and politely move it.  Instead she just ignored me and left it draped all over the arm rest and partially into my seat.

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? (See I thought that might happen) I still didn’t say anything to the lady; I don’t like to make waves.  Also I had to check out her date.  He was a short fat guy.  Having ascertained that any argument would not end up in a dangerous altercation I stood up and more audibly than necessary said to Mrs. Cranky,

“I gotta take off this coat, it is really hot, I hope there is enough room on my seat to put it.”

“With that the lady said, “Oh, is this in your way should I move it?”

“Well it doesn’t mention a coat in my seat on my FUCKING ticket!” (Actually I said, "Yes, that would be nice, thank you." )

Finally the show began.  Meatloaf is very entertaining.  He has a unique voice, but along with that he is a performer.  Each song is acted out and very animated.  He is fun to watch.

I am not that familiar with all of Meatloaf’s music, I love “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” and I enjoyed him when he was on “Celebrity Apprentice.”  He appears very angry, but then sometimes turns into a big Teddy Bear.  He is nothing if not intense.

When it came time for him to perform the much awaited “Paradise By The Dashboard Light”, three people in my line of sight held up their cell phones and began to record it all.  Now I understand a quick snapshot to post on Facebook so all of your friends know where you are, but to video a whole number? Especially when they were told in no uncertain terms:

“PLEASE TURN YOUR CELL PHONES OFF AND DO NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES OR VIDEOS!!!”

This videoing disturbed me for several reasons.

1.    They were breaking the rules!

2.    I was forced to watch the performance I was most looking forward to through a blurry three inch screen instead of live on stage.

3.    No one was ever going to watch their stupid video anyway.  For crap sake if you want to see a video look on YouTube…It isn’t rocket science.

4.    And, seriously, who holds a phone up in the air blocking the view of those behind them? Have they even heard of manners?

Not wanting to make waves, I merely commented to my wife in a voice possibly more audible than necessary,

CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING? ALL I CAN SEE ARE THOSE FUCKING CELL PHONES IN FRONT OF ME!” (I warned you.)

Fortunately for me, the cell phones were put down and turned off and I enjoyed the rest of the concert very much.

The only other annoyance of the night was getting out of the parking deck.  There was no attendant and the machines that collected prepaid tickets were out of order.  There was a traffic jam behind the gates which would not open.  A number for assistance was called and after an aggravating wait of about twenty minutes an attendant came, raised the gates, and we were able to leave.

Like a bat outta Hell!

(You had to know that was coming.)

Almost forgot, Thank you Veterans!! 

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a (relatively) good evening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does your opening remind me of mine? http://fishducky.blogspot.com/2015/04/meatloaf.html

      Delete
  2. yeah, i'd have been cranky, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am VERY envious! I'd love to see Meatloaf. Got to admit, I always take terrible blurry photos when I go to a gig, can't help myself but I'd never bother trying to video. Apart from the fact that it's really annoying when people do the quality is always terrible. did I mention how envious I am ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Meatloaf, the food and the performer. My favourite song is Rock and Roll Dreams Come True (or is it Through?) I've never been to any concerts though, it's something I don't do. Too many people, too much noise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But did you smell weed? I can never get over the folks who manage to smoke up at an indoor concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a good time in spite of the fact that many people leave their manners behind now, if they even have them. Once when i took my kids to a Sesame Street Live performance, a lady in front of us had a sculpted hairdo so high i had to sit behind her and let my kid have my seat, no one could see anything over her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cell phones aloft begins at kindergarten, Screw the parents behind who have kids in front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have rather stayed home. Just saying.

    Happy Veterans Day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I thought I was going to get a recipe for my dinner tomorrow night!! Glad you were able to enjoy the concert -- for the most part...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed your concert. I live in a mushroom cave...... Never heard of Meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me sleep on it. Let me sleep on it. Let me sleep on it I'll give you an answer when the morning comes. I know you gotta know right now but let me sleep on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Loafer. He is intense. I'm with you on rude people. I guess using a stun gun would be frowned upon.
    It still might be worth spending the night in jail to put someone in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two out of three ain't bad! You solved the coat and cell phone problems. So you had to wait a bit for your exit...I hope you hit the highway like a battering ram. Especially if there was a Beemer in the vicinity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, glad you got to enjoy at least most of the concert. The only people I ever saw in concert were Bob Dylan (and that was when I still lived in Germany!) and Neil Diamond. Now I look at the ticket prices and wonder how many CDs I could buy for that... (sigh, I know I've become an old fuddy duddy).

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're too old to go to rock concerts.

    And I surely am.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Did the ushers say anything about not shooting those in front of you who were not following the rules in the back of the head with a water pistol? (You might file that one away for future reference.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Slow as I am, I placed a cell phone call to my daughter from a McCartney concert, to share the 'Hey Jude' singalong with her. Holy crap, I thought I was gonna get my legs broke, the ushers came after me so fast. And that was just for audio, not a photo. And the heck of it was, my daughter told me the next day that all she heard was crowd noise. . .

    ReplyDelete