NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

GIVE HER A STEERING WHEEL


GIVE HER A STEERING WHEEL
Some of my posts may give the impression that Mrs. C can be a difficult person.  That is far from the truth.  At least in terms of how she deals with other people.

Mrs. Cranky does not like to tell other people “No.”  She often does things or goes places she does not want to do or go because she has trouble saying “No.” I tell her it is easy, simply put your tongue against the roof of your mouth, make your lips in an “O” and say it.  Na…O…no.  It is easy.  She doesn’t get it though.

Recently I made the observation that when Mrs. C is driving, she is a different person.  Apparently everyone else on the road is an idiot.  She hollers at other drivers all the time.

“Move the frig over you asshole!”

“Dude, do you have a clue what the hell you are doing.”

“Get off my butt you jerkoff!”

I can hardly believe this sweet lady I know as my wife can be so abusive and tough in the car.  It then dawned on me, when she needs to be tough, when she needs to put her foot down and just say no; no to a phone survey, no to dinner with someone she hasn’t seen in six years and never liked, no to a salesman, no to her kids, no to anything she does not want to do or no to going anywhere she does not want to go…give her a steering wheel.  She is comfortable telling people no or even telling people off when she has a steering wheel in her hands.

Of course it is hard to carry a steering wheel around, and people do look at you funny.  Instead, when she is on the phone and I know she wants to say “No,” when she is talking with someone and I know she does not want to get hung up in a long conversation,   I hold my hands like I was driving a car and give her a look.

“No” I pantomime. 

So far it doesn’t work.  She just shoots me a glance and lip synchs back “Shut the fuck up…jerk.”

With me she doesn’t need to be behind the wheel.

15 comments:

  1. Funny! You may be on to something . . . maybe it could be a new form of therapy for people who have trouble saying, 'No.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You two definitely are the odd couple. LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say no just fine. It took me a bit to learn, but learn I did. I can also tell other drivers what jerks they are. Yes I can and hubby doesn't like it one bit especially when he's driving.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say no except to the dog when he was around and to the son when he's around :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeheehee! Maybe she should have all such conversations while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "With me she doesn’t need to be behind the wheel."

    Aaaaaand that's how you know she loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me 76 years to learn but now I can say NO and not even give a reason why. Hang in, it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You want me to leave a comment? NO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Mrs. C did not respond well to your pantomiming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wife has trouble saying "no" also. Unless she's talking to me of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val and Stephen have both stolen my lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are onto something. It only will take a change in technology and time. I got old and along with that change the word No is easier to say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same trouble with no, but these days I manage to say it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ability to say No comes with age... these days I have no problem putting people in their place with either a No or alternative expletive.

    ReplyDelete