Saturday, March 14, 2015
A cranky opinion for
CRANKY OPINION SATURDAY
The following is the opinion of a cranky old man with absolutely no expertise in the subject opined. Opposing opinions are welcome, but will be ignored. As always, please, no name calling…that means you, you big stupid head!
I just read an article that powdered alcohol was recently approved for sale in the USA. I had never before heard of powdered alcohol. I know nothing about powdered alcohol. What better subject to offer an opinion.
What are the possible benefits of powdered alcohol?
1. It is easy to sneak into places where alcohol is not allowed.
2. It is easy for alcoholics to hide.
3. It is easy to slip into your dates drink to get her drunk and compliant.
4. You can take it camping without taking up space and without worrying about broken bottles.
All of these benefits seem to me to also be negatives unless you are an alcoholic who is into date rape, or you are a casual drinking camper.
What are the potential negatives of powdered alcohol?
1. Children sprinkling it on their cereal.
2. Kids snorting it to get high really quick. (Proponents say it burns and people won’t do this. Yes. Yes they will!)
3. Kids using it rectally to get a really quick high. (Yes. Yes they will!)
4. If you actually enjoy a nice alcoholic beverage from time to time, how friggin good could this stuff taste when mixed with water?
Now I ask you, is powdered alcohol a good idea?
1. For the inventors and producers it is a very good idea.
2. For politicians that can play with all the tax money they can collect from the sale of powdered alcohol it is a good idea.
3. For casual drinking campers who don’t care one whit about taste or quality of their booze it is a good idea.
I didn’t invent this stuff. I am not a politician. I hate camping.
I think this is a really bad idea.
The preceding was the opinion of a cranky old man and not necessarily that of management…Mrs. Cranky.