NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

THE SILENT MRS. CRANKY


THE SILENT MRS. CRANKY

Apparently Mrs. Cranky has found a new way to stop my sometimes incessant chatter.  She gives me the silent treatment.  She just doesn’t respond to any of my questions.  This should bother me, but I know how to nudge as well as anyone.

“Are you awake?”

                         .”

“What time are you going to work today?”

                         .”

Nobody gives Cranky the silent treatment!

“Are you awake?”

(Me in a high pitched Mrs. C voice)  “Yes, but I am trying to sleep.”

“What time are you going to work today?”

(Me in a high pitched Mrs. C voice)  “I don’t know, probably around 3.”

“Ok, good to know, was that so hard?”

“For crap sake, I’m awake now, and I’m going to work at 3!”

“Still, was that so hard?”

“Yes, I’m trying to get some sleep!”

“Ok, but it’s a simple question, I know you are awake, why the silent treatment?”

                            .”

“Excuse me?”

                           .”

“Oh, I get it.”

(Me in a high pitched Mrs. C voice)  “You’re a jerk!”

16 comments:

  1. Oh man. You like living dangerously. Third marriage was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! This is the one thing I've warned my men about. With such poor sleeping abilities, anyone who wakes me (outside of those who cannot breathe or are bleeding uncontrollably) will be throttled.

    That is all.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I our house I'm more like Mrs. Cranky. I don't just yap for the sake of hearing noise. K on the other hand never shuts up. She will explain something, then explain it again, then again, and again until I finally say, "OK I get it!". And that pisses her off...she says I'm shushing her. After 7 years I'm still trying to find her off switch.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew that "You're a jerk" would be in the mix. Bwahahahahahahaha.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might as well go ahead and change your middle name to "Jerk."
    As a user of the silent treatment, I sympathize with Mrs. C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You end a lot of your posts with words that would make a great title for your next book: You're a Jerk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen, I'll consider another book as soon as hell freezes over.

      Delete
  7. I use my pretend mute button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember hearing about a couple who used the silent treatment when they were mad at each other. After one particularly bad fight, the wife found a note on the kitchen counter after the husband had gone to bed: Remember I have to catch an early flight tomorrow. Wake me at 5:00 a.m.

    The next morning, the husband woke up at 7:00 a.m. and was furious that his wife hadn't made sure he was up in time to catch his flight. Then he saw the note on the night stand: It's 5:00 a.m. Wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As one who prefers to sleep rather than be awakened just because A JERK needs attention...I must take Mrs. Cranky's side on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just lucky that she still has you around.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. “You’re a jerk!” seems to sum up your life with Mrs c!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha--living on the edge, huh? This is why I enjoy blogging. I can actually find an audience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't be surprised if Mrs. Cranky starts sleeping with ear plugs in.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. For heaven's sake Cranky!
    Let the woman sleep!

    ReplyDelete