NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

I Believe In God Because:


I Believe In God Because:
This is a depiction, not actually God.
God is shorter and clean shaven...and bald
and sounds just like James Earl Jones...with a slight lisp.

God...with a toupee

A not so Cranky Opinion Saturday

It seems like today it is the in, hip thing to declare yourself to be an Atheist.  It is so easy to make fun of Religious “Fairy Tales.”  Intellectually the concept of belief in a higher being is taking the easy way out in understanding the world.  Science can ultimately explain all.  People who believe in a higher being are ignorant buffoons.

Well, let me show my ignorance. 

I believe in God because:

Clean smells good, dirty smells bad.

Everything is not black and white, flowers come in incredible colors, birds are colorful, butterflies are colorful, TV is in color.

Laughter exists.

Sex is fun.

Food tastes good.

Broccoli…ok maybe God sometimes makes mistakes.

Giraffes…but he does have a sense of humor.

There is rain and snow.

It takes two weeks before a newborn’s poop smells bad.

Bees can fly.

He gave us dogs.

Hope exists.

We are alive and we can reproduce.

We can choose to be happy or miserable, be productive or be evil.

When it is cold there is the means to stay warm.

When it is warm there are means to cool off.

When we are young we can dream of good things to come.

When we are old we have memories of good things past.

We can blot out thoughts of bad stuff past.

We are protected by our fears.

We learn from pain.

The Sun never takes a day off.

The Earth spins on its axis at the exact same speed every day.  The Earth rotates around the Sun at the exact same speed every year.  The Moon rotates around the Earth at the exact same speed every month.

The very first molecule came from somewhere.

 

But then I may just be an ignorant buffoon.

HAPPY EASTER!

To all the Atheists; here's to when I get to tell you "I told you so" which is something for sure you will never say to me.

18 comments:

  1. Joe -

    I love this. Love it, love it, love it. Might just link it in a future post and all, if you're okay with that.

    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe -

    I love this. Love it, love it, love it. Might just link it in a future post and all, if you're okay with that.

    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why my comment posted twice. I guess I love it - squared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you Joe. If believing makes you a buffoon, then I'll happily wear the outfit. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. So with you on the broccoli statement.
    Happy Easter to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun post. I admire atheists for their ability to accept total responsibility for their own lives but I'm just not that brave...yet. Until I am, Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that you are happy in your beliefs.

    I believe that there is nothing guiding us but our own self, so be the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i believe in a power greater than ourselves, because the alternative seems so pointless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never realized you were such a deep thinker!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen Brother Joe, I couldn't agree with you more! At one time long ago it was very uncool to be an unbeliever, and now it seems at times that the opposite is true, but what we choose to believe or not, doesn't change reality. Truth stands eternal, and any fool with half a brain can see that there is far more to this world and life than meets the eye. Excellent post, straight from the heart, and perfect for this Easter season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, thanks. Happy Easter/Passover

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe, you're a good man!

    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    This buffoon feels blessed just having found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this. I just recently included the "dog aspect" in a post. Well done. I look forward to reading more of what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you follow my blog long enough, you will see that I always capitalize Nature. I see religion as ceremony and tradition, but I am buffoon enough to know that all we enjoy did not just "happen." I celebrate Easter with my family and I wish you a very Happy Easter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe in God but not the God in the Bible ... my God wouldn't hurt you if you didn't think He was cool or there.

    He doesn't rule by fear ...

    To me, Easter is a new beginning ...

    It is my hope that those who celebrate Christ's resurrection as well as us liberal heathens cleanse our souls with love light.

    Whether you believe in the God of the Bible and Jesus ... or in a mighty wind or rocks that dance ... I want peace.

    We need to settle down ~ this world does... nuclear threats and world pollution ~ the bullies and the haters of women and gays and other colors.

    I don't give a rat's ass what anyone believes as long as they keep it in their home and in their church ... and treat people as they want to be treated. Seems a lot of church goers forget the golden rule.

    You didn't mention cats ...

    I wonder what possessed him to decide on creating a gnat. That's the thing that got me thinking about that Ark business... no sense to gnats

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great observation and I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete