NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Monday, September 17, 2012

THE FIRST DATE WITH MRS. CRANKY


THE FIRST DATE WITH MRS. CRANKY
 

One of my favorite movies is “A Bronx Tale” with Robert De Niro.  In this movie, De Niro’s son, Calogero or ‘C’, got mixed up with the local Mafia boss, Sonny, a relationship his father was very much against.  The son also had a thing for a black girl several streets over from his neighborhood.  The two neighborhoods one black, the other Italian did not get along to say the least.

The son managed to arrange a date with the young black girl and his friend Sonny, the Mafia boss, had some advice for him. 

“In every man’s life you get two great women.”

“How do you know if you have one of the great ones?”

“I lend you my car.  When you pick up this girl, you get out of the car and push the button down and lock your door.  You go around and let her in; then you go back to your door.  If she slides over and unlocks your door before you get there, she is a keeper.  If she don’t reach over and lift up that button she’s a selfish broad and can’t be trusted.  If she don’t unlock the door for you…dump her and dump her fast.”
 
 
 
 
I always liked that part of the movie.


The first date I had where I drove Mrs. Cranky, we went to a local bar to listen to an Irish band.  We had a nice dinner, a drink or two (only one for Mrs.  C.) and enjoyed good conversation and good live music.

When the band was done we left the bar and went out to my car.  I unlocked Mrs. C’s door, let her in and went around to my door. My Jeep does not have the remote “boop, boop” unlock button.  As I went to my door I saw Mrs. C. lean over and unlock my driver-side door before I could reach it.

That is when I knew she was a keeper!    

14 comments:

  1. First of all I LOVE this movie and second of all I always remember the unlock your door moment in the movie. When my brother was dating that was the one thing he always looked for if it did not happen she was kicked to the curb if it did she was a keeper 15 years later the keeper and my bro are still together. Love this made me simile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronx Tale is one of my favorite movies ever (really....it says so right there on my blog profile). I'm glad you had that lesson to let you know Mrs. C was a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm....I never thought of that, but now that you mention it, K unlocks my door for me, too. Good sign. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't hurt that the "keeper" is beautiful, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranky my ass! You're as sentimental as the rest of us. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well congrats to both of you. 2 guys wanted to marry me at the same time. i told one of them i would pick them up from college for break and the other i would pick him up at the airport from break..same time same date...i went out with my friends instead and left the guys stranded...both had to hitch hike home... the one moaned and groaned and complained ..the one who dealt with the situation as it was, got me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww.I'll bet all the grandcranky's are that polite. The girl grandcrankys, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how the youth of today will figure out who's a keeper and who's not. They all have the remote boop, boops' on their cars, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a girl try that trick with me. She let me in and I didn't unlock to door (intentionally). First of all don't test me. I knew she was testing me so I failed it intentionally. Second, in my car when you open the passenger side door all of the doors unlock, or use the keychain unlock button. Just hit it twice. Click click, not click. Third why is the girl holding the door open for the guy, I got it, I can get my own door. So, after I nice dinner that I spent $50 on I got zero credit because I didn't unlock her stupid door. However, the date did end on a positive note...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positive note? What? You didn't pay for gas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with sentimental, I enjoyed this tale of your first date, and it reminds me of my wife when we first started dating, now that we are older she still slides over to my door, only difference is now she locks it Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe my husband watched this movie and that was why he kept me !!! Will have to ask him about it.
    Me

    ReplyDelete