NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Friday, December 23, 2011

CRANKY’s POEM OF CHRISTMAS EVES PAST

CRANKY’s POEM OF CHRISTMAS EVES PAST


'Twas the night before Christmas
In my little house
I tried to play Santa
Though I was half soused


The children were sleeping
Content they’d not sinned
They had not a clue
Dad was three sheets to the wind


Trying to construct
A bike or a plane
While being half toasted
Was just plain insane


There was no excuse
For my sorry condition
But getting bombed on this night
Was my Christmas tradition


On Lancer’s on Gray Goose
On Dewars I’m sippin
Screw Rudolph and Donnar
I’m getting Blitzen


The presents were laid out
The stockings filled in a hurry
I staggered upstairs
With sight that was blurry


The children awoke
And jumped on the bed
In their excitement
They didn’t care of my head


Down the stairs 
To the tree they did run
The presents; the stockings
Were nothing but fun


The children were happy
They were all in high clover
Merry Christmas to all
And to Dad a hangover


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

5 comments:

  1. lol. Those were the days huh? I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one!!! I'm tweeting it ;-)

    "Screw Rudolph and Donnar
    I’m getting Blitzen"

    Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JH, well done. A regular Longfellow. Merry merry to all the Cranks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one cranky.

    The very best Christmas wishes to you and you family, and here's hoping 2012 is a fantastic year for everyone.

    Hugs
    Lou :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously awesome. Hubby and I got pretty "happy" last night while putting together the little ones Xmas presents. Yeah for wine. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete